Welcome! Our guest today is Kari Gormley, who hosts The Running Lifestyle podcast. Kari has had obstacles to overcome, but has taken a meandering path to a beautiful, joyful, and energetic experience as an entrepreneur. We are excited to share with you this fun, inspiring, and juicy interview! Let’s chat with Kari!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Kari’s passion for running, transformation, and travel led her to launch her podcast
- Kari’s world travels
- Why Kari is passionate about helping people get healthier
- Valuable experience from her sales background
- Transitioning to a more purposeful life—after 9/11
- In 2003, back to the US—and sales, again
- How Kari found her husband through a Google search (Yes, you read that right!)
- Marriage and following the dream to be a Weight Watchers facilitator
- A difficult pregnancy, family move to Delaware, and postpartum depression
- 2011-Kari became a consistent runner, trained for a marathon, and discovered PODCASTS!
- Why Kari started her own podcast
- The power of positive media---through podcasts!
- Why starting out was overwhelming with TOO many decisions
- FEAR—Will people really listen to me?
- Acknowledge your fear (Kari even gave her fear a name!)
- Be in the driver’s seat!
- Why we need to develop leaders
- Teaching theories and philosophies, and not scripts
- Why you need to hire people with strengths outside your own
- Kari’s formula for work happiness
- Mixing friends and family with business—Good or Bad?
- Kari’s struggles with adult ADD
- Why she loves the opportunities to talk with experts
- From a favorite book, (see Resources below) Kari shares 6 Key Things to “Make It” in this World
- Personal change in profound ways!
- Why commitment is more powerful than fear
- The biggest change for Kari came through meditation
- JOY—from hearing feedback about her podcast
- The greatest opportunity for entrepreneurs? Creating destiny
- Financial mistakes=TUITION!
- JOY-from wonderful experiences and from being SEEN and HEARD
- The temptation of a one-person brand
- What is one thing that you do every day that increases joyfulness as an entrepreneur? “I think it revolves around gratitude. I keep a gratitude journal and write in it every day. I also have a gratitude jar in the kitchen into which the whole family contributes notes.
www.therunninglifestyle.com Find Kari on Facebook and Twitter, too!
To Sell is Human by Daniel Pink
Go Wild by Dr. John Ratey